The Title I Program offers a series of workshops and resources available to parents throughout the first quarter of 2016 in Region 1 including Doraville and four other regions in the DCSD.
Courses held in Doraville include:
- “Roadway to College – Select which college or university is the best fit.” – January 28th 2016 at 5:00 PM at Sequoyah Middle School, 3456 Aztec Road, Doraville, GA 30340;
- “Literacy Event” – March 10, 2016 at 8:30 AM at Hightower Elementary School, 4236 Tilly Mill Road, Doraville, GA 30360; and,
- “Becoming an Active Member of your Child’s IEP Team – Parents will learn how the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process works and develop strategies necessary to meet the academic needs of their child.” – March 16, 2016 at 4:00 PM at Cary Reynolds Elementary School, 3498 Pine Street, Doraville, GA 30340.
Additional courses held in Region I FEC include:
- “Let’s Get Ready for Testing – Learn strategies to help students succeed in taking the test.” – February 11, 2016 at 4:00 PM;
- “Parent Engagement Recipe – Demonstrating best practices in the area of Language Arts to increase academic success.” – February 23, 2016 at 10:00 AM located at Montclair Elementary School, 1680 Clairmont Place, NE, Atlanta, GA 30329.
- “Career Readiness – In collaboration with Student Support Specialist” March 10, 2016 at 8:30 AM;
- “Make It and Take It Reading Activity” – March 24, 2016 at 4:00 PM; and
- “Reading Café” – April 26, 2016 at 10:00 AM.
According to the website, “The Title I funds are used to provide supplemental core academic instruction, instructional support, and parental involvement and engagement to schools to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education…”.
Parents of students who attend Title I schools can participate in these courses. Region 1 FEC located at Cross Keys High School at 1626 North Druid Hills, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30319.
For more information, contact DeKalb County School District, Region 1 – Angelica Rosso, Facilitator at 678.874.6141.
To download a copy of the 2016 Winter/Spring “Title I Family Engagement Centers” Course Catalog and FECs for Regions 1 thru 5. http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/www/documents/parent-resource-centers/fec-course-catalog-(2015-2016).pdf.
DCSD Family Engagement Center locations: http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/parent-resource-centers.