Brookhaven, GA, April 1, 2016 – The Post Reports – The Second Annual Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival will take place in beautiful Blackburn Park this Saturday, April 2 from 10 am to 7 pm and Sunday, April 3 from 11 am to 6 pm. The full weekend of activities is a great place to meet friends, bring out of town guests, or spend time with your family. Admission is FREE.
“Festivals are a vital part of bringing the community together and attracting newcomers,” said Festival Chair and Founder Rebecca Chase Williams. “We had a successful inaugural Cherry Blossom Festival and we are excited to once again show residents and visitors what is so special about Brookhaven.”
The festival will take place in Blackburn Park, located off the Ashford-Dunwoody Exit on I-285 at 3493 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Brookhaven, GA 30319.
Here are a few highlights of this year’s festival:
- Arts & Crafts Market – Discover unique treasures like sculptures and artisan jewelry.
- Food Trucks & Vendors – Sample sumptuous treats including BBQ, burgers, and Mediterranean cuisine from some of the area’s most popular restaurants and food trucks.
- Children’s Village – Have fun with interactive games and activities for all ages including a bounce house, face painting, sand art, and entertainment from a stilt walker, a few Princesses, a couple of Superheroes and our festival Mascot, Brooke!
- 5K Run and 1K Walk presented by Xfinity on April 2 at 7 am – Get some exercise, enjoy the scenic route, and pick up a commemorative t-shirt! Online registration has ended, but you can register on the morning of the event at 6:30 am. ($20 adults, $15 youth).
- Pet Parade and Costume Contest starts at Pet World in the park on April 3 at 2 pm – Show off your Shih Tzu or brag on your Bulldog. Cost is $10 per pet and registration is required.
- Classic Car Show on April 3 from 11 am – 4 pm – On display will be a mix of classic and custom cars from the 1930’s through the 1980’s. Enjoy the beauty and style of these vehicles, and you’ll get a chance to talk with their owners about history and restoration.
The Music Performance Schedule is as follows:
Saturday, April 2
- 6:00pm – The Whiskey Gentry
- 4:30pm – Wesley Cook
- 3:00pm – Migrant Worker
- 1:30pm – Disco Tendencies
Sunday, April 3
- 4:30pm – Humming House
- 3:00pm – The Southern Gothic
- 1:30pm – The Pussywillows
- 12:30pm – Junko
Parking and Shuttle Service will be available at the following locations:
- Brookhaven/Oglethorpe MARTA Station – 4047 Peachtree Rd NE (at Dresden Drive NE), Atlanta, GA 30319
- Montgomery Elementary School – 3995 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Brookhaven, GA 30319
- State Farm – 4151 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Brookhaven, GA 30319
- Cross Creek @ Marist School – 3790 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Brookhaven, GA 30319
Sponsors for the 2016 Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival include the City of Brookhaven, Xfinity, Discover DeKalb, Perimeter Summit, Universal Tennis Academy, Brookhaven Children’s Dentistry, Perimeter CID, Goose Island Beer Company, Town Brookhaven, PURE taqueria – Brookhaven, Brookleigh Flats, KURIOS by Cirque du Soleil, Autotrader, Regency Centers, Primrose School of Brookhaven, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, and Emory Healthcare. Big Peach Running Co. is a Festival Partner. Atlanta Parent, Dunwoody Crier, Brookhaven Post, Brookhaven Reporter and Atlanta Pet Life are Media Partners.
The Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival is presented by the City of Brookhaven and produced by The NUN Group.
Follow @brookcherryfest on social media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram and use hashtag #blossom16. For event schedule, Pet Parade registration, parking and transportation information, and festival updates visit their web site: www.brookcherryfest.org.