Brookhaven, GA, April 13, 2016 – Contributed – Murphey Candler Park Conservancy (MCPC) celebrates Earth Day with the first annual Spring Social event. The event benefits the MCP Conservancy’s efforts to sustain and enhance Brookhaven’s largest park.
On Friday, April 22, 2016 join host MCPC at the first annual Earth Day Spring Social. Murphey Candler Park’s second food truck and community event focuses on park conservation efforts and the MCPC’s top priority, playground renovation. Located at the existing playground area and paved horseshoe, the event showcases the area’s potential for a premier playground and community event venue. The Spring Social starts at 5:30pm and is a family friendly event.
Experience the natural beauty of Murphey Candler Park while eating delicious food from award-winning food trucks, Sweet Auburn BBQ, Happy Belly and Flatbread Bistro, as well as local desserts and Italian ice from Wright’s Gourmet and Rita’s. Grab a beer or glass of wine and jam to the local Trey Boyer Band.
In addition to great food and entertainment, Brookhaven groups will bring volunteers, education and children’s activities to the Spring Social.
- MCPC, Adopt the Park and Playground Renovation Initiatives.
- GreenbergFarrow, Final Park Master Plan
- Sustainable Water Planning & Engineering, Nancy Creek/ Murphey Candler Park Lake Watershed Study.
- Girl Scouts, Bird Conservation Education and a Children’s Activity.
- Boy Scouts, Event Cleanup and Bottled Water Sales.
- Kittredge Magnet School’s Recycling Team, Recycling Education.
What: Murphey Candler Park Conservancy Inaugural Spring Social
When: April 22, 2016 from 5:30 – 8:00 PM
Where: Murphey Candler Park Playground