Brookhaven, GA, June 3, 2016 – The Post Reports – The City of Brookhaven is soliciting competitive sealed bids from qualified contractors for 2016 Street Resurfacing for the Department of Public Works. The City says once the vendor is selected and contracts signed, work is expected to begin within 10 days of approval and all paving work must be completed within 60 calendar days. The work on Clairmont Place must be completed before August 1, 2016, ahead of the start of the school year at Montclair Elementary School.
The work locations and descriptions follow but are not limited to:
- Briarwood Road from North Druid Hills Road to Buford Hwy. Patching as needed, striping as directed, including the installation of Bike Lanes and Sharrows.
- Clairmont Place from east end to west end.
- Somervale Ct. from Clairmont Way to End
- Clairmont Ct. from Clairmont Way to End
- Corporate Blvd. from Northeast Expressway to Buford Hwy. Patching as needed, striping as directed, including the installation of Bike Lanes and Sharrows.
- Ashwoody Ct. from Ashwoody Trail to Candler Lake West. Patching as needed.
- Oak Forest Drive from Ashwoody Trail to Ashford Dunwoody Rd. Patching as needed.
- Oak Forest Way from Ashwoody Trail to Oak Forest Ct. Patching as needed.
- Ashwoody Trail from Oak Forest Dr. to End. Patching as needed.
- Coosawaatee Drive from Cartacay Drive to Briarwood Rd. Remove and Replace Speed Humps. Patching as needed, striping as directed.
- Georgia Drive East from Bragg St to Clarmont Rd.
- Milowyn Place/Alta Vista Drive from Thompson Rd. to Grant Dr.
- Oakland Trace from Osborne Road to End
- Pelly Circle from Osborne Road to Osborne Road
- Capital Club Cir. from Osborne Road to End
- Raines Court from Parkcrest Lane to End. Patching as needed
- Parkcrest Drive from W. Nancy Creek Dr. to Ashford Dunwoody Rd
The following roads are included for Pavement Marking Only:
- North Druid Hills Rd from E Roxboro Road to Peachtree Road: Refresh and modifications to the existing striping with Thermoplastic Pavement Markings and installation of Raised Pavement Markers
- W Nancy Creek Dr from Old Johnson Ferry to Ashford Dunwoody Road: Install Edge Line Pavement Markings
- Ashford Dunwoody at Johnson Ferry Road: Install Do Not Block the Box Pavement Marking and Raised Pavement Markers
Additional Streets may be added for patching only and/or milling and resurfacing at same unit prices as budget allows. Additional locations may be added for restriping at the same unit prices as budget allows. Additional Traffic Control Costs would be negotiated as part of contract amendment.