Doraville, GA, July 20, 2016 – The Post Reports – Because of the shared strength and civic pride that occurs whenever the community supports local schools, Georgia United Credit Union invites the community to get involved in their 3rd annual School Crashers school improvement project at Oakcliff Elementary School happening Friday, July 22nd and Saturday, July 23rd.
Oakcliff Elementary School, built in 1965 and converting to a theme school in 1996, is located at 3151 Willow Oak Way in Doraville and has 740 students and 80 faculty and staff. Completing this “school makeover” during summer break, will ensure the project will completed in time for the new school year in August, which is just around the corner.
Join Georgia United in working alongside school and community volunteers in partnership with the DeKalb County School District – to provide improvement projects such as building and grounds renovations – to enhance the learning environment for Oakcliff’s students, faculty and staff. Oakcliff Elementary was chosen from hundreds of nominations from schools across the state, to receive Georgia United’s 2016 School Crashers grand prize.
How can you help? There are several ways you can be involved:
- Specifically if you have painting, landscaping or construction skills – there is a need for skilled crew leaders
- No matter what skill level you are, all are encouraged to volunteer
- Bi-lingual volunteers are especially needed as many of the volunteer parents will be Hispanic
- Through an in-kind donation (e.g., paint, equipment, landscaping plants, etc.)
- Donate food or water for volunteers
- Through corporate donations to fund extra school improvements (benches, stage curtains, etc.)
- Learn more at gucu.org or call 770.476.6409 for more information
If you or your civic group would like to volunteer or supply materials for Georgia United’s School Crashers event for all or part of either day – Friday, July 22nd and Saturday, July 23rd, simply complete the volunteer application or donor form at gucu.org/school-crashers.