Chamblee, GA, November 29, 2016 – The Post Reports – The City of Chamblee is seeking resumes from qualified candidates for the position of Human Resources Manager. Applicants should be keenly interested in providing City employees with top programs and opportunities for personal growth and enrichment. According to the job posting, Chamblee employees are professional public servants and deserve the best opportunities. “This is why Chamblee provides one of the top health and wellness programs in the state, supports frequent recognition opportunities through local organizations and is hiring for an HR Manager,” the posting says.
A city of 9,892 residents in 2010, Chamblee has welcomed some 19,500 new residents from two newly annexed areas since that time. With over 29,000 residents, Chamblee is DeKalb’s fourth largest city and has grown from 3.18 to 7.85 square miles. Currently at 152 positions, the number of city employee’s is growing to meet this new demand. Reporting to the City Manager, this position is actively involved with city employees and employee programs.
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day function of the Human Resources Department to include but not limited to:
- Administer the City’s pay and benefits plan: workers’ compensation programs, health and wellness programs, workplace safety and risk management.
- Rewrite and administer the City’s Personnel Policies.
- Manage the hiring process: advertise vacancies, coordinate the interview, verify references and conduct all other related duties.
- Prepare employee reports, studies and surveys.
- Provide city personnel information for budgeting.
- Provide guidance to managers, supervisors and employees regarding human resources best practices and current laws.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and progressively responsible human resources experience. Public sector experience is preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered. Membership and activity in SHRM is a plus.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and completed Chamblee application form found here. These documents should be sent to email@example.com or mailed to City of Chamblee, Attn: Human Resources, 5468 Peachtree Road, Chamblee, GA 30341. Candidates may also apply online at www.chambleega.gov/jobs. The City of Chamblee has excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace.