Brookhaven, GA, December 22, 2016 – The Post Reports – The City of Brookhaven has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP 17-027) from qualified vendors for the purpose of providing on-call survey services for City projects. Interested firms are required to have survey and related experience for the development and research of plans and programs related to the management of City resources and infrastructure.
According to the RFP, the selected vendor(s) will be utilized citywide for site investigation and layout on roads, parks, sidewalks, and stormwater facilities, as well as for property acquisition. The survey services shall include the ability to perform property document development (deeds and plats for right of ways, fee simple, & easements) as well as a high level of deed research to determine actual boundaries and ownership of both public, private, authority, and utility property.
It is Brookhaven’s intention to enter into this on-call services agreement with multiple firms and award projects individually on an as-required basis.
“Pursuant to this RFP and any subsequent contract(s) awarded Brookhaven anticipates issuing Request for Quotation (RFQ) for performance of services on specific projects to one of more Consultants,” the RFP says. “Each RFQ will specify a detailed scope of work and deliverables for a project.”
The City of Brookhaven is seeking proposals for consideration to accomplish the following tasks:
- Survey services, including right-of-way, individual owner information, utilities, as well as all deed research as required), specimen trees, drainage analysis and profile of existing road right-of-way for the identified target areas. The consultant shall coordinate with City staff to deliver survey data in an approved method and format for use in in a GIS data system. Development of ALTA standard surveys may be requested as needed within the identified target area.
- Deed, plat, easement exhibit, & property description development as needed within the identified target area as well as the recording of deeds, plats, and easement exhibits with the City and County.
- Right of way plan development as needed within the identified target area.
- Construction and/or concept layout and staking.
- Demolition survey plan development (building location, existing and proposed grade, utility location, etc.)
- Final as-built survey as needed within the identified target area to include but not limited to sidewalks, utilities (including sub-surface depths in some cases), impervious area, drainage structures, foundations, building corners, and curb & gutter. The data collected shall include elevations/depths as determined by the Engineer. The consultant shall coordinate with City staff to deliver as-built survey data in an approved method and format for use in a GIS data system.
- Cut and fill calculations for plan development and excavation activities.
- Forensic surveying services to include a title search back to the originating deed and development of a survey that will potentially be used in litigious and stand the scrutiny of the law. An example of such services would be to determine property ownership. Such services will be requested on an as needed basis within the identified target area.
- Development of surveys for roadway sight distance determinations as needed within the identified target area.
- Development of roadway multi-point levels.
The City requires all work be done in accordance with The Code of the City of Brookhaven Development Regulations and the Georgia Department of Transportation’s (GDOT) standards for survey and data collection. Some work may require ATLA level surveys or surveys intended for site development planning and layout. Base data including elevations from the survey may need to be provided to the City or other City consultants on an as needed basis.
The City of Brookhaven will maintain a list of on-call consultants from which it plans to solicit survey services for the projects as the required.
The RFP says the deadline for questions regarding this RFP is January 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM, and all proposals are due not later than January 27, 2017 at 2:00 PM.