DeKalb County, GA, March 22, 2017 – The Post Reports – The DeKalb County School District (DCSD) announced Tuesday they will host their 2017-2018 pre-kindergarten enrollment lottery on Wednesday, March 29. Applications will be accepted from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. A lottery drawing for open seats will be held at 1:15 p.m.
To be eligible for the Pre-K Lottery, DCSD says students must be four years-old on or before Sept. 1, 2017, and be a resident of DeKalb County. “A student is only eligible to participate in the lottery at the home school that serves the student’s address for the 2017-2018 school year,” DCSD said in a release. “Visit www.dekalbschoolsga.org to determine the home school.”
DCSD explains to complete the application process, the following documentation is required:
- Official Proof of Birth (Birth Certificate, Passport, Hospital Record of Live Birth, Green Card, Pink Card or Federal I-94 Card)
- Parent/Guardian Identification
- Child’s Social Security Number
- Proof of Residency* (Current Gas, Water, or Electric Bill; Signed Lease Agreement; and/ or Signed Home Mortgage Contract)
*NOTE: In the event of co-residency, an Affidavit of Residence must be completed by the parents(s)/legal guardian(s) and homeowner/lessee and submitted to the school with all required documents attached.
If a child is selected for a seat through the lottery, this additional documentation will be required:
- Current Immunization Certificate (FORM 3231)
- Current Eye, Ear, Dental and Nutrition Examination Certificate (FORM 3300)
- Copy of Social Security Card or Signed Waiver
Call 678-676-0379 or 678-676-0147 for more information.