Chamblee, GA, April 4, 2017 – by Anna Williams for The Post – Cities across Georgia will celebrate Georgia Cities Week April 23-29, with the theme “Cities in the Mix.” Throughout the week, different activities will highlight Chamblee’s and other cities’ important role in creating community gathering spaces and driving economic development. The week is also an opportunity to celebrate community achievements and recognize volunteers and city employees.
In Chamblee, Cities Week is actually getting an early start with the first event on April 15th, a clean-up event led by Keep Chamblee Beautiful.
- Saturday, April 15th at 9 – 11 AM – Pre-Cities Week Rail Trail/MARTA Station Clean-up; meet in the Wal-Mart parking lot.
- Thursday, April 20th at 8:00 AM – Join the City of Chamblee and the Chamber of Commerce for the annual State of the City Address delivered by Mayor Eric Clarkson.
- Saturday, April 22nd 9 – 11 AM – Chamblee Sign Beautification Workday; meet at the intersection of Chamblee Dunwoody Rd. and Chamblee Dunwoody Way.
- Saturday and Sunday, April 22nd and 23rd 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Sat), til 5:00 PM (Sun) – Rail Trail Makers Festival. The festival will feature: Makers vendors, Chalk art Live music/performance Food trucks Craft beer from Reformation Brewery and more fun for the whole family
- Sunday, April 23rd 11:30 AM – Keswick Trail and Nature Preserve 2-mile Walking Tour; meet at the Keswick Park Upper Softball Field.
- Monday, April 24th at 7 PM – Keep Chamblee Beautiful Spring Kick-Off Party at Hopstix!! It will be a night of casual fun with friends and neighbors who all care about making Chamblee cleaner, greener and more beautiful. KCB will be presenting awards, recapping past projects, revealing future projects and showcasing 2017 KCB Swag. Light appetizers will be provided by Hopstix; open cash bar available.