Brookhaven, GA, April 11, 2017 – The Post Reports – The City of Brookhaven is accepting resumes from highly qualified applicants for the position of Development Services Manager within the Community Development Department. The successful candidate “must possess exceptional skills in performing technical inspections of development sites and construction projects to determine compliance with all codes and regulations regarding erosion and sediment control, grading, clearing, drainage, landscaping, infrastructure and stream buffers.”
A Bachelor’s degree is required as well as a minimum of eight years of professional experience in construction or engineering inspections, with five years of supervisory experience. The successful candidate must hold a Level 1B Erosion Control Inspector and Level II Certified Plan Reviewer, state certifications.
The Development Services Manager’s duties will include:
- Effective management of customer expectations and resolution of complaints or service inquiries related to permitting requests
- Ensureing a high level of efficient customer service is provided to the public and business community
- Be primarily responsible for the supervision, coaching, development, training and evaluation of all support team members
- Handling escalated customer service/permitting issues
- Forecasting, budgeting and implementation of new initiatives and programs for the department
- Liaison with public works department with regard to storm water management
- Reviewing land disturbance and tree conservation plans, regulations and standards for all levels of municipal, county, state and federal requirements
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume, cover letter and current salary to Careers@brookhavenga.gov.
The full Help Wanted posting is below.