DeKalb County, GA, July 10, 2017 — The Post Reports — Registration for families who are new to the DeKalb County School District (DCSD) may now begin using the district’s new online registration system, the school system announced Monday.
“Parents or guardians should visit www.dekalbschoolsga.org and navigate through a series of prompts to enter the vital information needed to ensure accurate school assignments and support services for their student,” a DCSD announcement says. “This safe and secure system will make registration available on most internet-enabled devices, reducing the probability of a trip to a school or registration center.”
DCSD underscores that online registration is available to NEW students only. “Students transferred within DCSD must withdraw from their current school and register at their new school,” explains DCSD.
Online registration requires proof of residency, including:
- Parent or guardianship
- Proof of residence in the DeKalb County School District – current utility bill (gas, water, electric) or rent/lease agreement (or mortgage) in the parents’ name, or an affidavit will be needed
- Certified copy of birth certificate, Passport, or I-94
- Immunization Certificate – form 3231
- Hearing, Vision, and Dental – form 3300
- Social Security card (you may complete a waiver)
- School transcripts (if applicable)
For additional information, DCSD Student Support Services at 678-676-0035.