Brookhaven, GA, July 18, 2017 — by Trey Benton — The City of Brookhaven’s Parks and Recreation Department has plans to create a tricycle track at Ashford Park, and as a result, the City is seeking bids from qualified vendors to do the work. As per the “Site Specific Park Plans Proposed 2016 Alternate Improvements” list of items presented in April of 2016, the tricycle track was then estimated at costing approximately $6,300 to complete.
According to the Invitation to Bid (ITB), the scope of work consists of “converting the existing concrete pathway into a tricycle track for kids using colored stain and traffic marking paint on top of the existing concrete”. The ITB says that effort involves:
- Pressure Washing of Existing Concrete Pathway
- Application of Colored Concrete Stain
- Application of Slip-Resistant Additive
- Application of Traffic Marking Paint
- Installation of City-Provided Trike Traffic Signs
- All Other Work Necessary for the Completion of the Park Project
According to the City, once the vendor is selected and the approval to proceed is granted, the project must be completed in 45 days or there may be a $500 per day penalty assessed. The City anticipates the work to begin in late September.
The full ITB is here.